Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A time to reflect

tender years

a bundle of joy to the awaiting parents

how supple the baby skin, no teeth but cute all the same

fed, washed, tucked and treated like a King

no worries and no headaches

teenager

why can’t I be like the adult, able to make my own decision

no one to control and dictate

why can’t they just leave me alone, I need my space

how can I show my true potential, if you restrict my freedom

what should I care what the world is doing, as long as I am happy

adult

Oh! I wish I was a teenager, the responsibility is too much

mouths to feed, debts to pay, work to complete

day and night and night and day .. work, work, work

I must climb the corporate ladder

golden age

when our eyes starts to squint

and the skin starts to sag and wrinkle.

the tummy swaying uncontrollably

only then we realize that old age has a creepy way of sneaking up on us..

where’s my youthful body, my health, my vision....

If only I can turn back the clock, be a baby all over again..

Is it too late to change? Is it too late to make a difference?

deceased

it’s too late now, the abled body no longer functions,

a lifeless corpse, waiting to be buried

no amount of money in the world can bring us back to life

…ashes to ashes, dust to dust.. It’s time to meet your creator....

No comments: