Sunday, October 26, 2008

Salam Aidilfitri


Hmmm... is it too late for me to wish everyone Salam Aidilfitri and Maaf Zahir Batin.. guess not... so, to all 'netters'.. Wishing all a merry Eid Aidilftri and Maaf Zahir Batin. I hope that everyone celebrated this joyous occasion with their loved ones and not forgetting with the unfortunate too. God will test us in the worst of time and in the best of time.. If we are poor, He wants to see if we can survive the hardship and if we're wealthy whether we will remember the less fortunate and donate some of our fortune to the needy.

It is ironic that human beings think of the Great Almighty only when they are in a dilemma or when they are faced with predicaments. They start to blame people around them..especially their loved ones and every being in the universe when things don't go the way they would have wanted. However, if they are blessed with happiness, success and prosperity would they thank God for bestowing them with such generosity? How many times have we said our thanks to Him for all the kindness that he has overwhelmed us since our birth until now. I am ashamed to admit that I am one of them. I blame everyone and not myself with the mishaps that befall me. I feel proud of my achievements and did not say my thanks to God for giving me such a wonderful life.

First and foremost, we should be very grateful if God has bestowed us with good eyesight, sound hearing, a pair of strong hands and feet, a sense of smell and touch. That alone should make us show our appreciation till we are 1000 years old!!! (if that's enuff!). And yet we complain we don't have enough money to buy things, whine that the boss is too dictatorial, we grumble when our children just do not want to listen to what we say and find fault with our significant other..

I just got a wake up call .. I'm 35 years old, always grouchy, grumpy and difficult. I rarely say thank you to the Almighty from all the things that I already possess but whine for all the things I wish I could have. I start to think to myself.. how much is enough? If I have 100k now, would I want another 100k more... if I own a bungalow, would I yearn for a mansion instead... if I have a Honda would I wish for a BMW? Human beings are born with an insatiable desire to want more, to need more, to love more, there's no end. Enough is never enough.

How long do I have to live like that... I have wasted 35 years of my life yearning for things I thought I should have. I forget that human can only plan but only God knows what's best for His servants. Oh! God, please forgive me... I have been so naive and gullible. Every day I pray to you God so that I can be the most humble and pious servant.... but I need help, I need the strength and will to face these challenges. I know God, the ultimate reward will be 'Heaven'.. and to be able to step foot in it.. of course you will test us and see if we are worthy enough.. Help me God... I plead to You as the Most Merciful and Most Forgiving...

No comments: