Saturday, December 15, 2007

New Year's Resolution... Hmmm.. what abt the old ones?

People always do this year in year out... list down all the new year's resolution.... hoping by the end of the year if not all at least 50% of the resolutions have been fulfilled or achieved... Guilty as charged... I'm one of those people who by the end of the year start to jot down things to do for next year.. even print it nicely and paste it on my mantelpiece .. U'd guessed it... by year end.. I have not even achieved a fraction of what I wrote.. Then I'd start to console myself by saying that I can always fulfill it next year... And, guess what.. I've had goals that go way in year 2000!!.. Same old same old .. to lose weight ... go figure :)

Nevertheless, I believe we, human beings need to have goals.. sort of a yardstick to measure our achievements. If not, we will live day by day doing the same old thing, how would we improve? Have I achieved this year's resolution? .. To stop work and start a business.. checked.. to lose a few kg... well... more grams than a kilogram ... half checked .. start blogging.. check and check..

What's my next year resolution? ... I'm still listing them down...

No comments: